I’ve been thinking about this for a while and even talked about this with a friend. And my question to you is:
Has God ever asked you to take a step that got you so scared you really couldn’t?
Now did you take some time to reflect on that question or did you just say “Yes!”. Well, for those of you waiting for an answer from me, I’ll tell you what I did and still do sometimes, and I hope you share yours too.
- Firstly, I doubt that God spoke to me. I’m not alone here, please tell me I’ve got people like me who do this.
- I ask God for a scripture to prove that He spoke to me (Please LORD have mercy). And He never fails to give me a scripture.
- I squirm and try to find a way out. (And there goes my peace for a few days) until…
- I give up fighting and beg for forgiveness (at this point God would have been quiet for some days, so I miss His presence and ask Him to forgive my cowardice).
- Then I remember His word promises that His Grace is ever so sufficient for me.
- Then I rely on Him and get it done (by now it would have taken a long time to get here)
What we really should be doing
- Trust God: Now this is the last thing on our mind when this Huge assignment comes to a believer. However, God gives His biggest assignments to His strongest soldiers. He knows you can’t but He needs you to do it because He can!
- His Grace: Paul was talking about His strength being perfected in weakness, because the first part of that scripture mentions:
- GLORY(Praise): So all we need to do His just like Paul, “Glory” in that season. Glory in Him because we’ve been chosen for his perfect assignment!
Lastly, rejoice in the LORD and in the power of His might.